Thursday, September 30, 2010

Buffalo Mozzarella, Balsamic Glazed Plums, Pine Nuts & Mint

Another amazing, fabulous, winner of a recipe from Food52.com.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="694" caption="Buffalo Mozzarella with Balsamic Glazed Plums, Pine Nuts and Mint "][/caption]
I made a version of this appetizer to take to my friend's dinner party last night. It wasn't really a party, just two couples and three kids, but it always feels like a party when we see them. How can you beat good company, happy kids and free flowing wine?

I didn't have pine nuts so I used pistachios. We didn't have buffalo mozzarella so I used fresh. Then I didn't use a well sealed bowl to carry it in the car so I wore the smell of balsamic vinegar all evening. I would suggest avoiding that.

This was a smash success. Super easy, too. I'm thinking about putting the whole thing over pasta as a main course. Think?

No comments:

Post a Comment