Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First Dance Class, First Comments

[caption id="attachment_210" align="alignnone" width="556" caption="Ballet Class"]Pink tutu ballet[/caption]My daughter had her first dance class of the season today - new tap AND ballet shoe purchases necessary. I'm not complaining, I love to shop. Even better, Target doesn't carry tap shoes so I got to branch out and hit up a real shoe store (!!) Did I mention a brand new Target just opened TWO BLOCKS AWAY? Three aisles of dollar bins. I KNOW!

So the good news is that it's a drop off class, her first ever. The BAD news is that it's a drop off class - MY first ever. I only got to take one stinking photo before we got kicked out. I did have the grace to hug and thank the teacher for her sacrifice but as the door closed I felt... bereft? Deflated? Where are the tears, child? Where's the "I WANT MY MOMMY!"?

Nothing but giggles and joyous screeches in that room with no windows to the hall where we moms sat, chatting and wondering what we were supposed to do for an hour alone in a hallway without windows...

In other news, came to home to find ...Wow! I posted the Halloween Peasant Top to a few link parties and got loads of visitors. If you're coming back, please stop by the comment section and join Bella and Toni in saying hello! I can't tell you how exciting it is to get an email telling me there's a comment in my queue. In the meantime, I'm working on a new Halloween skirt. Tonight, maybe, after our evening art class and dinner. It's hard to imagine cooking right now. It's 85 degrees out at 5 pm and I'm still STUFFING myself on left overs from the Spiced Bulgar, Chickpea and Squash Salad I made two days ago. Seriously, try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment