Monday, September 27, 2010

Corduroy Peasant Top and Dancing with the Stars

Well the "star" in this case is the Cat in the Hat. Coco hates getting her photo taken but I bribed her with an episode on PBS. She broke into song and started dancing. "Here we go go go go on and Adventure!"
[gallery]

So viola! The the new peasant top in corduroy. This will go really well over a turtleneck sweater when it gets colder. I love the colors and with the fine wale, it was surprisingly easy to work with. The last time I tried corduroy was when I first got my sewing machine and had NO idea what I was doing. I purchased a thick wide wale corduroy skirt at a thrift shop with the plan to upcycle it into a cute dress for Coco.

Well it was awful to cut and worse to sew. I was getting the fluff out of my hair and off the floor for days. And forget about getting the needle through several layers at the hem. It was easier to get the needle though my thumb (which I did.)

Coco took one look at the finished project and started crying. The little rat critic was only 2.5 years old...

By the way, I only used half a yard of Patty Young for Michael Miller. With a size T3 it was tight - some of the selvage made it into the seams but I have improved my skills to the point that all the seams are enclosed so that you would never know. Next time I'll buy a full yard and make a skirt with the left overs!

Linking up to:




4 comments:

  1. Ok saved all my info, so that was easy enough, less painful than I thought, maybe we should try to get the word out that between word verification and entering info on here once, I guess this ends up being better, especially when you like to leave multiple comments on multiple posts like I do, lol. Have a great day, things may not be as bad, as I thought, lets just inform the people, YEAHHH???? Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://allaboutmommies.blogspot.com/2010/09/twirly-skirt.html Here is the link to my tutorial for the little girl skirt. Thanks for your comment! I've actually got 3 or 4 skirt tutorials in my archives, so feel free to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That's great! Thanks so much. I love your stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete