Friday, September 17, 2010

Lazy Days, Slumber Parties and Fancy Nancy

Coco attended her first slumber party and we couldn't be more thrilled with the results. She had a great time, the hosting mom had a blast and has invited her back "any time" and most importantly, Stephane and I had a date night! We climbed the wall at the gym, used a groupon at a new local sushi place and we were even able to sleep in the next morning. Heaven, I tell you.

Oh yes, I've also been sewing. This has been no easy feat since Coco has given up all naps but I am occasionally able to talk her into some quiet time. Good thing the Lazy Days Skirt is so easy! The Strawberry Shortcake skirt was my first attempt and I really didn't get the hem instructions so I had to make up my own. See?



Coco loves it so I call it a success. I also made her a cute little matching drawstring bag from a fab tutorial at Crafty Gemini. If you're learning to sew, you have to visit Crafty Gemini. She does loads of video tutorials that are fantastic for people who learn visually, like me.

[caption id="attachment_160" align="alignnone" width="909" caption="Drawstring bag"][/caption]

Next up was this gorgeous fabric from Philip Jacobs called Daffodils and Dogwood. This was a remnant from a little fabric shop in Healdsburg, Calif. I wish there had been enough to make ME a skirt! By the way, this is how the hem is supposed to look.

[caption id="attachment_163" align="alignnone" width="768" caption="Lazy Days Skirt #2"][/caption]

And, last but soooo not least, the Fancy Nancy skirts I made last night as gifts for a princess themed birthday party we're attending tomorrow. They're for twins, turing five. I also made them matching drawstring bags filled with Fancy Nancy journals and stickers from the dollar bin at Target.

Of course, I had to make a prototype one for Coco. She's nuts for Fancy Nancy and secretly, so am I!

[caption id="attachment_172" align="alignnone" width="643" caption="Fancy Nancy Skirt"][/caption]

Still working on the Halloween costume.

Ohhh and I'm linking up Fireflies and Jellybeans Show Your Stuff Link Party. I learn so much from this blog and their many, many tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment