Friday, September 24, 2010

Halloween Skirt... or Pirate Skirt, I guess

So today was our first day of Children's Theater (yet ANOTHER drop off class. Who knew and why didn't anyone tell me this??) Coco proudly sashayed in wearing her new Halloween skirt covered in scary skulls and was promptly told by the one boy in the class, "You're a pirate."
[caption id="attachment_226" align="alignnone" width="600" caption="Halloween Skirt"]Pirate Skirt[/caption]
"No I'm not, I'm scary!" she replied. "Pirates are scary" the sweet boy explained as he wandered away. "WELL I'M A HOLLAWEENIE!" she yelled after him. Yes you are, my love.

The inspiration was the Lazy Days Skirt, of course, but the hem is my own strategy. Next time I'll take photos while I'm putting it together. And there will be a next time, never fear. I'm basically a two hit wonder at this point. I can do a peasant shirt and an elastic skirt and I plan on doing both until my kid gets a job and starts buying her own clothes. Or until I take another sewing class. Magic Eight Ball says, "Cannot predict now."

I'm linking up to:



Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment