Friday, October 1, 2010

Quick Share: Summer Squash Couscous with Sultanas, Pistachios and Mint

Five stars to this amazing dish, again from Food52.com.
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="694" caption="Summer Squash Couscous with Sultanas, Pistachios and Mint"][/caption]

I used Israeli couscous because we like that better. I didn't chop the zucchini or yellow squash as finely as suggested. Mine were closer to inch and half inch chunks. I also used minced garlic in the dressing, forgetting that you're supposed to discard the garlic before serving. As I'm fairly sensitive to raw garlic, this should be interesting!

Without question, one of our favorites. This is in two week rotation although I'm pretty sure we had it last week, too. I think I used butternut squash last week instead of yellow squash. Slightly hardier, a little taste of fall mixed in. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment