Thursday, October 21, 2010

Roasted Delicata Squash Salad

Do you love fall like I do? Do you have pumpkins and gourds in every color decorating your home? Have you been eating a lot of squash lately? Let me guess: butternut squash tops your list? Mine too, but trust me, you want to branch out. Delicata squash is not just pretty - it's delicious and you don't even have to peel it! Just chop it up, spoon out the seeds and you're good to cook.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="545" caption="Roasted Delicata Salad"][/caption]

This photo is from 101cookbooks.com where I got the recipe. For our dinner I used a lot more kale, sriracha sauce instead of harissa paste and gorgeous little purple potatoes that I chopped up a little more to get them "thumb size." Besides being a pleasure to look at, this fall salad was scrumptious. Stephane wants it added to the two week rotation which is pretty much his ultimate compliment.

Next week I'm going to focus on menu planning and finally reveal Coco's Halloween Costume. If only I could get FIVE WHOLE MINUTES to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment