Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Juice!!



Can I just get this out there, once, so I can move on? OH MY GOD!!!!!

I just made pumpkin juice. I’m calling it Pumpkin Pie juice because I used pumpkin pie spice and some honey and a banana to sweeten it and seriously, this is the best juice I’ve ever made.

I have to give credit where credit is due. Terri Mares on Raw Food Rehab gave me the idea and talked about it on her video blog here. She was discussing ways to keep a long term juicing diet interesting and can we just say Jackpot?!!!

Here’s my recipe:

One six inch pumpkin scrubbed clean, scooped out and chopped into pieces to fit juicer. Do not peel. Add two whole red apples. Juice in my Breville Juicer.

In a blender, add a banana, a teaspoon of raw, unfiltered honey, a little less than half a teaspoon Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice and a handful of ice. This is pumpkin pie in a glass, but totally healthy and raw. It’s breakfast AND dessert. Did I mention it’s heavenly?

Coco drinks my green juices every day but she’s having a hard time with this one. She’s only three and hasn’t really found her way to spices yet. She’s more of a simple pasta with olive oil kind of girl. I’m eyeing her glass longingly, even though I’m giving lip service to her drinking it if she wants to watch Cat in the Hat later today. I think we may have to make a deal…

No comments:

Post a Comment