Friday, November 5, 2010

The Anti-Fall Post and Why I'm Juice Fasting


Much as I love the season, fall has not been kind to my waist line. I’m 44 years old and I just can’t eat like I used to. I jumped on the scale yesterday and was shocked to find that I now weigh more than my “fat weight.” In other words, I haven’t weighed this much since six months after my daughter was born, when I finally started dropping the fifty (!!) pounds I had gained during my pregnancy.

At times like this there’s only one thing to do: Break out the Juice Master’s 7 Lbs in 7 Days’ Super Juice Diet. Fortunately I had a feeling this was coming (might have started during a recent croissant binge) so I’ve been psyching myself up. Steph thinks he’s going to join me like he did last February when he lost 25 lbs but if he gets any skinnier I’ll have to shoot him to put him out of MY misery. My husband is not supposed to be skinnier than me. It’s a rule, possibly even biblical. Punishable by stoning, obviously.

So I’m psychologically ready and I’ve already survived day one. I’m checking out the recipes in the Liquid Lounge at Raw Food Rehab and I’ve added some juicing and raw food blogs to the ever growing list I follow. And I know, this time, that I can’t just go back to stuffing my face when this fast is over. I’d like to achieve about a 75% raw lifestyle. That’s the aim.

2 comments:

  1. Go, Mandy!! I sure wish I had your determination, but fried (vegan) food beckons me with an irresistible aroma way too often! I'm still considering getting a juicer one day though. I like the juices you make, they're good!!
    Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love! You're my first follower!

    And trust me, fried vegan food will be on my post juice detox diet this fall, do not doubt it!

    ReplyDelete