Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dinner time and Feeling Guilty

Juice Fast, Day Three

Meant to post this last night but forgot to hit publish!

My poor husband is starting a new business, wrapping up a long career in journalism with a well respected (although conservative) magazine. He's giving up regular TV appearances as the liberal punching bag on a conservative news show and entering the world of entrepreneurship to better provide for his family. I always joke that writing about business doesn't make him a businessman but in truth, I'm certain he's going to do very well.

What does this have to do with juicing? Well it's dinner time and I here I sit, faithfully sipping my juice and yet feeling guilty. My man is so stressed and so busy but he still took the time to spend the entire day with our daughter so that Mommy could have a little time to herself. The least I could do is fix him a nice dinner, right? So what if the tantalizing aromas are tough to "stomach" (haha.)

I should just bite the bullet and do this for him. And I will. Right now. Thanks for working through this with me.

PS: I broiled eggplant rounds with a little olive oil and salt, made a tapenade with kalamata olives and sun dried tomatoes and served both with goat cheese on toasted crusty bread. On a painful scale of one to ten, I'd call it a ten.

1 comment: