Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Peasant Style Top

There are inexpensive patterns and free tutorials bouncing around the web for the peasant top I've been making since I first bought my sewing machine last fall.  It's got to be the easiest thing ever to make but the payoff is great. I get tons of compliments and even suggestions to sell them on Etsy.  This summer I made them for birthday gifts using fat quarters from coordinating bundles: one each for the back, front and sleeves.  I wanted to keep them all for Coco!  This is the first one I did.



Here's one I made yesterday from fabric I bought at Marden's in Maine. Marden's is a super discount everything store I want to live in whenever we visit my husband's family near Bangor.  All the fabric is $2.99 a yard or less. Tulle, which I uses TONS of for tutus and princess dresses was fifty cents a yard.  This top cost less than $3.00 to make and I love it!


Can you tell how much my daughter loves to pose for photos?

1 comment:

  1. [...] isn’t the first peasant top, I’ve made. I can’t help myself, these are so much fun! I just picked up some corduroy [...]

    ReplyDelete